I don’t know about you, but my lunches usually rotate between a sandwich, salad or snack plate. It can get old quickly. But every now and then I love to think out of the lunch box (har har) and get creative. With a pouch of salmon and condiments in the fridge I came up with one of my new favorite lunches: the Salmon Salad BLT Wrap.
This is an incredibly easy and quick lunch to put together. Just mix up the salmon salad, lay out your wrap, layer with salmon salad, bacon and spinach, wrap it up and eat up!
I love to keep salmon pouches on hand for salads. (In fact you can use this recipe for a salad instead of a wrap!) For this, I used Chicken of the Sea brand, but you can use any of your favorites from your local grocery store. Even a fun, flavored one!
The beauty of this recipe too is that you can make it your own! Instead of mayo, you can use greek yogurt for a lower fat content. You can add any of your favorite spices. You can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. Kale instead of spinach. Be creative and use what you have on hand!
See below for the recipe and let me know if you try it with any of your own fun modifications!
- 1 whole wheat wrap
- 5 oz Chicken of the Sea salmon pouch
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add salmon, sundried tomatoes, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder, Herbs de Provence and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Crumble bacon and add to mixture. Stir to combine.
- Place spinach in middle of wrap. Spoon mixture on top of spinach.
- Fold sides of wrap first, then fold bottom portion and roll forward. Enjoy!